Dr. Kiran Joshy, Dermatologist and Cosmetic Surgeon, Joshy’s Medical Centre, Bangalore, India informs about the options of hair transplant available in India.
You don’t need to be embarrassed by your receding hairline anymore. A very safe and successful treatment option to baldness can bring back your crowning glory.
Males across the globe, as young as in their 20’s are losing hair to pollution, stress, vices and poor nutrition.
Dermatologists are getting frantic calls from young males complaining of hair loss. Interestingly most of them are from the IT sector, within the age bracket of 25-35 years. Doctor’s attribute baldness to hormonal changes, irregular diet, diabetes, stress, lack of vitamin D-3 which is present in sunlight, thyroid disease, and iron deficiency.
In a study conducted, 58% of the male’s population in the age group of 30-50 has Male androgenetic alopecia (AGA), which means hair loss and baldness. Out of this 12. % of the males are ideal candidates for hair transplant.
Thanks to the advanced medical sciences, hair transplant is an answer to treating baldness. It is based on the concept of taking hair graft from the back of the hair and transplanting them to the bald areas. The hairs on the back of the head are relatively resistant to falling.
There are 2 types of hair transplants. Both have their pros and cons.
- FUT: Follicular unit transplantation or strip techniques. The advantages are:
- It’s an older technique, which has been around for a while and is successful. More pocket-friendly; therefore, more people are interested in this.
The disadvantages are:
- When a hair graft is taken from the back of the head, it leaves a scar, which needs to be hidden in the hair. You cannot trim your hair very short.
- FUE: Follicular unit extraction: It is very common now a day, with some celebrities opting for this treatment. The advantages are:
- It’s more advanced and is a scarless technique. No one would ever know from where the hair grafts have been taken from. It is very safe with no side effects. It’s like your natural hair. You can flaunt it, as you want to. There is absolutely no constraint with this technique.
If the massive hair falls and baldness have troubled you, the best advice is to meet a local dermatologist and get a consultation. Your doctor is the best person to decide on the kind of treatment that would work for you. The only thing you need to be sure is that you are approaching a registered and qualified dermatologist who has considerable experience and expertise in hair transplant.
There is absolutely no need to fear at all. Hair transplant has become a common and one of the most sought after treatment.
There is a cure for baldness. You can get back what has been lost!