What are Fordyce’s spots?
Fordyce’s spots are little white spots that appear on lips particularly on the upper lip, the shaft of the penis or the vulva.
The good thing about them is that that they are not painful, contagious or dangerous, but they affect you aesthetically especially when it’s present on your lips.
Though the exact cause behind these is still a big mystery, there are a few home remedies which can help you to get rid of them:
1. Coconut oil: Coconut oil is known for its exceptional natural moisturising quality, it hydrates the lips and brings back the moisture and said to get rid of these white spots.
3. Water: Fordyce’s spots often are believed to appear when your lips are dry so make sure you drink a lot of water so that your lips are not dehydrated.
4. Asparagus: Because of the high folic acid content in asparagus, which is essential for proper cell growth, eating asparagus can be helpful.
5. Garlic: Garlic due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities is believed to help you battle off those spots on your lips. Though they are a bit smelly, so either take a teaspoonful of garlic followed by a glass of water or have it at night before going to bed.
6. Fruits: When it comes to folic acid and its ability for cell growth and regeneration, you can rely on -fruits. Include fruits in your diet which are high in folate like papaya, oranges, grapefruit and strawberries, etc.
There are no sure shot ways to rid your Fordyce’s spots. If you do not find relief from these measures, and if these spots are a matter of worry for you, contact your doctor.
Copyright © 2018 Modasta. All rights reserved
- Fordyce spots. New Zealand Dermatological Society. Accessed 27 Apr 17. http://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/fordyce-spots/.
- Bumps on Lips Small, Little, White or Red Causes & Treatment. HealCure.ORG. Accessed 27 Apr 17. http://www.healcure.org/lip/lip-bumps-spots/bumps-lips-small-little-white-red-causes-treatment/