Jyestikasana is a relaxing and restorative pose which can be performed by all the age groups.
Step-wise instruction to do the asana:
- Lie down on your stomach.
- Bring your legs near to each other.
- Your legs should be straight and your forehead should be touching the ground.
- Interlock your fingers, place them on the back of your head or neck with elbows touching the floor (as shown in the picture).
- Maintain this position with normal breathing.
- Keep your awareness on your breath throughout the practice.
- Once you feel relaxed, you can release the posture and come back to the original position.
- It reduces stiffness in the neck and upper back, thereby relaxing the entire spine.
- Good for people suffering from cervical spondylosis.
- Reduces stress and increases alertness.
- Increases flexibility during difficult situations.
- People with recent abdominal injuries and women during pregnancy should not do this practice.
Copyright © 2018 Modasta. All rights reserved
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha. Swamy Satyananda Saraswati. Yoga publications trust, Ganga darshan Munger, Bihar, India.