Signs and symptoms
Signs and symptoms of measles which appear 10 to 14 days after exposure to the virus include:
- Dry cough
- Runny nose
- Red, watery eyes
- Sore throat
- Swollen lymph nodes of neck
- Koplik’s spots- These are tiny white spots with bluish-white centre on a red background found inside the mouth
- Skin rashes all over the body
- Symptoms are usually severe in adults as compared to children
Usually, a doctor can diagnose this condition by looking at the symptoms like rashes and red spots in the mouth. But sometimes you may be asked for a blood test to confirm the diagnosis.
Copyright © 2018 Modasta. All rights reserved
- Miller D.L. Frequency of complications of Measles. Brit. Med. J. 1964; (2):75-78
- Measles Cases and Outbreaks. Available at http://www.cdc.gov/measles/cases-outbreaks.html. Accessed on 20th June 2016.
- About Measles. Available at http://kidshealth.org/en/parents/measles.html#. Accessed on 20th June 2016.