Setubandhasana is a yoga asana beneficial for people suffering from back pain.
Stepwise instruction for doing this asana:
- Lie down on the floor on your back.
- Bring your legs near to each other and arms beside your body.
- Palms should be facing the ground, wherever possible, hold the ankles.
- Breathe in deeply and with the support of your palm, lift your hip as much as you can without lifting your head.
- Maintain this position with normal breathing.
- Take a deep breath again and as you exhale, bring your hips to the ground.
- You can repeat this practice for five times or more based on your capacity.
- Remember not to overstretch.
- It relaxes the muscles of neck, chest, back and legs.
- It is beneficial for people suffering from back pain.
- It relaxes the entire body.
- Relaxes the mind by reducing the anxiety.
- It balances the emotions.
- People with neck, shoulder or spine related issues should avoid practising this asana.
Copyright © 2016 Modasta. All rights reserved
- Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha. Yoga Publications Trust, Munger, Bihar, India. Published in 2008.